Information Technology Services
Computer Training Lab
To reserve the facility: E-mail the IT Service Desk. Provide date, hours, and the title of meeting.
Information Technology Services (ITS) maintains a facility for personal computer training, seminars, and software demonstrations. The facility is located at 1111 Franklin Street, room 7107, and is available to all Office of the President departments.
Click on one of the topics below or scroll down for general information on IR&C Training Facility.
The training facility is equipped with 14 computer stations. Each station features a minimum configuration of 2Gig RAM, 2.4 GHz processor, a Dell 19-inch color monitor, keyboard and mouse. An overhead projector is available as well as a display panel to display output from the instructor's computer to a screen at the front of the classroom. The classroom lighting is adjustable for optimal lighting for projected images.
- Microsoft Windows XP Pro SP2
- Microsoft Office 2007, including
- Microsoft Access 2007
- Microsoft Excel 2007
- Microsoft Outlook 2007
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2007
- Microsoft Project 2007
- Microsoft Visio 2007
- Microsoft Word 2007
- Internet Explorer 7.0
- Mozilla Firefox 3.0
- SSH Secure Shell Client 3.2
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 8.0
- Adobe Design Premium CS3, including
- Adobe Professional 8
- Dreamweaver CS3
- Flash CS3
- Illustrator CS3
- InDesign CS3
- Photoshop CS3
- IBM Websphere Host On Demand (Oasis Client)
- Eating, drinking, and smoking are absolutely prohibited in the training room.
- Persons using the facility are responsible for its subsequent clean up. This means making sure that all the work surfaces are clean and that the white board has been erased. The latter may require use of a liquid cleaner - this should be available on the whiteboard railing at the front of the room. If the facility is found to be in disarray or improperly cleaned, please notify the IT Service Desk.
- Security of the room and all its contents is the responsibility of the persons who reserved the room. The room should never be left unattended while it is unlocked.
- The equipment in the training room must in no way be reconfigured or moved. If special configurations are required, they should be discussed and arranged in advance by contacting IT Service Desk.
- All the software and any other files loaded or created during a training session must be removed immediately after each session.
- Setup of any special equipment (e.g. projector, display panel) is the responsibility of persons reserving the room. Persons using the training facility must be familiar with this equipment.
- All the equipment must be left powered-off after use of the training room.
- Only dry erase markers should be used on the white board at the head of the room.