UC Procurement is transforming how the University purchases goods and services to maximize benefit to the system while improving quality and service to our campus partners.
UC Procurement leverages our vast purchasing power to optimize University spend by using a systemwide approach, while considering individual campus needs. We invest in the latest technology and develop strategic supplier partnerships to source the highest quality products and services at the least total cost.
With these methods, we aim to deliver $500 million in annual benefit by 2022 for redirection to the University's core missions of teaching, research and public service.
For clear examples of our achievements, see the IMPACT REPORT - our semi-annual publication that outlines how UC Procurement projects have saved the University money, increased value and lowered risk.
Read more about how UC Procurement became higher education's Procurement role model — and secret weapon: UC Strategic Sourcing - the California Gold Standard (pdf).
- To be regarded as a high performing strategic partner essential to the financial health of the University.
- To expand opportunities for teaching, research and public service by delivering savings and efficient procurement services across the University of California.
- Drive down Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and promote new revenue opportunities through effective sourcing, contract management and supply chain solutions.
- Pursue strategic initiatives to leverage the power of our collective spend and redirect savings to teaching, research and public service.
- Develop business relationships and partnerships with suppliers that optimize value for the University.
- Develop collaborative relationships across the UC system to understand needs and provide high quality procurement services that best meet those needs.
- Invest in and optimize talent and technologies across the University system to deliver far greater benefit than can be achieved by single campus locations.