Local Human Resources
Principles of community
The University of California Office of the President is committed to promoting an environment that supports every person in an atmosphere of mutual respect, cooperation, professionalism, and fairness. Realization of this commitment requires awareness and active participation by every member of our community.
We strive to be:
- Service-oriented: We seek to advance the goals of the University through responsive and efficient work practices and communications.
- Ethical: We practice integrity in every aspect of our work.
- Open: We believe that the exchange of ideas requires mutual respect and consideration of our differences.
- Diverse: We embrace diversity in all its forms and we strive for a community that fosters an open, inclusive and productive environment in an atmosphere of mutual respect.
- Just: We support fairness, respect for individual dignity and equitable access to resources, recognition and rewards.
- Caring: We practice mutual respect, trust and support to foster bonds that strengthen working relationships.
- Commemorative: We celebrate the heritage, achievements and diversity of the community and the contributions of our members.
The Office of the President is committed to establishing and enforcing policies that promote our principles of community. These policies include the University of California Personnel Policies for Staff Members (PPSM), local procedures that complement these policies, and applicable university collective bargaining agreements. For further information or inquiries, contact the Office of the President Human Resources Executive Director Nancy Pluzdrak.