University of California Health
UCH Coordinating Committee Guidance
As the awareness of the SARS-CoV-2 virus began in early 2020, University of California Health convened a coordinating committee comprising subject matter experts from around the system to address potential health and safety risks to the University’s students, faculty and staff. In the subsequent two years, UC-HCC provided guidance that has enabled development of prevention and mitigation infrastructures on each UC campus and systemwide sharing of best practices.
In Spring 2022 the pandemic transitioned into a new phase and guidance from public health and workplace safety authorities has evolved. Individual UC locations have built the capacity to manage health and safety risks posed by COVID-19. As a result, UC-HCC’s systemwide guidance is being retired. UC locations are aligned with state and federal public health guidance while working closely with their local public health departments to adjust to local conditions.
University of California Health thanks the many individuals across the UC system who contributed to the University’s COVID-19 health response.
UC-HCC will evaluate conditions again in July 2022 or sooner if circumstances warrant to determine if UC locations are in need of further guidance beyond that available from public health and workplace safety authorities.
For the most current guidance on COVID-19 prevention and mitigation strategies, please view the information available on the websites for Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, California Department of Public Health, Cal/OSHA, as well as your local health department office.
An archive of UC-HCC and other COVID-19 related information is below.
University of California Campuses
- President’s Transmittal Letter: COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
- Policy: SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program
- Guidance for COVID-19 Mitigation Strategies at UC Campuses RETIRED
- Fall 2021 Recommendations: COVID-19 Prevention Strategies RETIRED
- Fall 2021 Capacity Planning Recommendations
- SARS-CoV-2 Vaccination Program Participation for Health, Campus, ANR and Laboratory Locations
- Guidance to UC Schools of Medicine for Safe Practices in UC Anatomical Donation Program
- Statement on SARS-CoV-2-Infected Students on UC Campuses
- UC Systemwide Testing and Tracing Task Force (T3) Recommendations to the President and Chancellors - RETIRED
- Working Document: Symptom Screening Task Force Recommendations
- Strategies for Reducing Transmission of SARS-CoV-2 at UC Campuses
Academic Health Center Operations
- Framework for Health Care Worker Vaccine Distribution Prioritization
- Exposure Definitions and Testing Priorities>
- Return to Normal Onsite Operations and Remdesivir Allocation Guidance
- Allocation Guidelines for Remdesivir if Demand Outstrips Supply
- Allocation of Scarce Critical Resources under Crisis Standards of Care
- Principles for Resumption of Non-emergency Services
- Health Care Personnel COVID+ Self-reporting and Return to Work Guidance
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Droplet and Contact Precautions