Annual Report on Sustainable Practices
In keeping with the University of California's commitment to accountability, an annual report is presented to the Board of Regents each January on UC's progress toward meeting the goals in the Policy on Sustainable Practices (pdf).
View the full 2020 Annual Report on Sustainable Practices
Highlights from the 2020 Annual Report on Sustainable Practices include:
- UC Merced became the first public research university in the nation to achieve carbon neutrality, a milestone it achieved two years ahead of schedule.
- The university’s investment portfolio is now fossil-free, and UC has surpassed its five-year goal of investing $1 billion in clean energy projects.
- UC announced it is phasing out single-use plastics across its 10 campuses.
- There are over 1,300 electric vehicle charging stations throughout the UC system.
- UC now uses more green power than any other college or university in the country, according to the EPA. And it ranks sixth in on-site green power generation compared to all corporations and governments.