Building & Administrative Service Center
The pre-tax commuter benefits program allows eligible employees to set aside up to the limit set by the IRS on a pre-tax basis for commuter transportation and parking expenses. The following are the limits for the 2014 tax year:
$130 per employee per month for all public transportation
$250 per employee per month for qualified parking
The program is being administered by Edenred USA, a commuter benefit management company, through their Commuter Check Direct (CCD) website.
Contact UCOP Parking and Transportation (UCOP P&T) at firstname.lastname@example.org to enroll in the program. After UCOP has verified your eligibility, you will be added to CCD website as a new participant.
How It Works
You place an order on CCD site to be fulfilled on a monthly basis by the cutoff date, which is the 1st of the month. After the cutoff date, CCD provides UCOP information about your order and the cost of the product. UCOP pays CCD for the cost of your order. CCD processes and fulfills your order. UCOP collects the cost of your order from your paycheck via pre-tax payroll deduction.
CCD Monthly Schedule for Order Processing and Fulfillment
- 1st of month X (this month) - Enrollment/order ends. This is the cutoff date for placing a new order or changing existing order for benefit month Y (next month).
- 18th - 23rd of month X - Orders are processed and shipped/loaded. If you have a monthly direct pay parking provider, a check will be sent to your parking provider to pay for month Y. If you have a Commuter Check Card order, you will receive your card (for 1st time order) and the money will be loaded on your card on the 23rd.
- 21st - 25th of month X - You receive your order for month Y or your parking provider receives payment for month Y. If receiving vouchers, your order will arrive in time for easy redemption for use in month Y.
See also CCD ordering timeline for the exact ordering periods for all twelve benefit months.
Guidelines, Frequently Asked Questions & Instructions
- iCommute Guide, provided by UCOP P&T - Program overview and instructions on how to enroll in the program.
- CCD Guide, provided by Commuter Check Direct - Product overview and general instructions on how to place an order for each product.
- FAQs, provided by UCOP P&T - Frequently asked questions by UCOP employees concerning Clipper card, leave of absence, cancellation, etc.
- Product Options for Clipper Card Users, provided by UCOP P&T - Product options for funding your Clipper card using pre-tax dollars.
- Instructions for ordering a Commuter Check Card Prepaid MasterCard to fund Clipper card for BART high-value discount tickets.
- BART parking, provided by UCOP P&T - Instructions for using pre-tax dollars to pay for your BART parking.
- UC-managed parking, provided by UCOP P&T - Instructions for placing a parking order on CCD for a UC-managed lot.