Strategy and Program Management Office
Partner with Us!
In response to growing demand, the SPMO is developing an intake process for our services. The intake process will provide further transparency on how the SPMO determines initiatives to engage in and will facilitate collaboration to set scope, roles, and expectations. The intake assessment will also include an electronic intake form and consultation expected to be rolled out summer 2022. In the interim, please continue to contact Julian Ryu (firstname.lastname@example.org) for requests.
1. Strategic Planning
We lead planning efforts that produce specific achievable results aligned with the University's strategic objectives and priorities.
|UCOP Strategic Framework (linked)|
|Division Strategic Plans and Renewals|
2. Strategy Development and Implementation
We build and execute a course of action for senior leaders to address pressing business or policy challenges.
|Innovation and Entrepreneurship Transformation|
|Global Food Initiative Transition to CFO Division|
|UC Health Affiliations|
3. Organizational and Operating Model Reviews
We conduct organizational reviews and recommend operating models and designs that enable the University to meet its goals.
|Financial Accounting Org Review|
|Systemwide HR Transformation|
|UC Health Org Review|
|Huron UCOP Assessment|
Process and Change
4. Operations and Process Optimization
We develop and implement improvements that streamline processes resulting in greater efficiency and effectiveness.
|President's Executive Office/Executive Reporting|
|Vaccine Compliance / Religious Objection Process Advisory Group|
|UCOP Return to Work Parking|
|Major Projects & Initiative Process Transition|
|Article 5 Compliance (Contracting-Out)|
|Future of Work / Return to Onsite Operations|
5. Systemwide Program Management and Governance
We support and advise cross-functional systemwide teams on meeting objectives of high impact, strategic initiatives.
|Campus Strategy Reports|
|Mitigating COVID-19 Impacts on Faculty|
|Anti-Racism Task Force Initiative|
|Carbon Neutrality Initiative|
|Global Food Initiative|
|Research Data Backup|
|IP Legal Assessment|
|Systemwide Litigation Fund|
|2020 General Obligation Bond Legislation Management|
6. Change Management
We guide teams to plan and manage transitions to new ways of working.
|Event Management System Implementation|
|Aligns with SPMO mission and offerings||Strategic goal/priority to President and EPAG||Systemwide impact||Multiple OP divisions involved and impacted||Single OP division involved with impact to multiple divisions||SPMO development area for future high impact projects|
- Contingent on current and forecasted SPMO team member availability
- Project selection will use this priority structure; projects must follow at least one or more of these criteria to be eligible
- When demand exceeds supply, decisions will be based on degree or size of each of the criterion
- Assessing each criterion is based on available information in consultation with prospective client and UC Operations leadership. A formal intake process will be rolled out in summer 2022.