Second review and appeals
The TCA second-review submission period is in early October each year. At this time, community colleges may request a review of the following:
- Courses approved after the initial/summer TCA cycle
- Courses denied during the initial TCA cycle and revised to address the reasons for the denial
For the second review cycle, submit course outlines in OSCAR and submit the UC TCA Second Review and Appeals form by email.
Submit courses in OSCAR
On the UC TCA Review Action drop-down menu, go to Second Review Action (after October 1) and choose one of the following:
- Appeal for new courses that were denied during the regular TCA cycle and revised to address the reasons for the denial, or
- 2nd Review Add for new courses approved by your curriculum committee after the end of your initial/summer TCA cycle, or
- 2nd Review: Review again for courses that were already on your TCA that have been revised and approved by your curriculum committee after the end of your initial/summer TCA cycle, or
- 2nd Review: Remove if you have courses that need to be removed from the TCA
During the second review cycle, OSCAR will not display the UC decisions for the first review. Decision information from the first review can be found in your TCA results email.
Submit the second review form
The Oct. 10 deadline for the second review is firm, as we must complete all updates in preparation for the UC November application filing period.
Keep in mind
- Each CCC has just one opportunity to submit courses during the Oct. 1-10 second review cycle.
- If we do not receive your completed UC TCA Second Review and Appeals form, your courses will not be reviewed.
- The sooner you submit, the sooner you will receive a response to your request.
- If your college does not plan to submit or appeal courses during the second review, please email Jennifer Forsberg.