Textbooks must be dated within seven years for most course submissions. If they are not, there should be a note of explanation included in the Articulation Officer Comments to Reviewers section of OSCAR.
In fast-changing disciplines, e.g., Computer Science, more recent texts may be required. The main textbook may be up to seven years old but more current reading materials should also be included.
- All textbooks should be beyond the 12th grade reading level and at the appropriate college level.
- Textbooks and supplemental material should relate directly to course content.
- Science courses that include a lab component must include a lab manual. Lab manuals should be clearly noted as such in outlines.
- Composition courses must include a stylebook.
- Literature courses must include a representative reading list.
- History courses should include primary sources or alternative texts in addition to a textbook.