International workers' compensation

As part of the university's foreign liability insurance program, the university purchases a foreign workers' compensation insurance policy. This policy provides coverage for UC employees when they are traveling abroad, temporarily assigned abroad, permanently assigned abroad or hired in a foreign country and is injured in the course and scope of their employment. Any UC employee, regardless of where they are hired or domiciled, who is injured in the course and scope of their employment while outside of the United States is covered under this policy. If an employee is injured while outside of the United States, their injury should not be reported to the university's self-insured program or All Other States Insurance Policy.

If you have any questions regarding the university's foreign workers' compensation policy, please contact your local workers' compensation office or Kevin Confetti at (510) 987-9868.

Underwriting company information:

ACE USA - US International Claims
PO Box 25149
Lehigh Valley, PA 18002-5149

Policy information:

Policy Holder Name: The Regents of the University of California
Policy Number: PHFD37258386
Policy Period: 10/01/12 - 10/01/13

Reporting an international workers' compensation claim