20th Street Building (OSF): Emergency procedures
- OSF Emergency Procedures Handbook (PDF)
- OSF Emergency Procedures Tutorial (PowerPoint) & Notes (PDF)
- OSF Emergency Procedures – Quick Reference (PDF)
- OSF Off-Hours Access Procedures (DOCX)
AEDs (Automated External Defibrillators)
OSF has two AEDs located at the Lobby security desk and in the 4th Floor elevator lobby. In the event of a cardiac-related medical emergency (or unconscious/unresponsive person) - call 911 - then send a runner to retrieve the AED. Find a trained AED-CPR rescuer (rescuers can be identified by the "AED" sticker on their nameplate; see list of trained staff below). Also notify OSF Security (7-0020) of the medical emergency.
Portable Oxygen Units
- A portable emergency oxygen unit is located next to the AED in the 4th floor elevator lobby.
- These units should be used to administer oxygen to someone having difficulty breathing or shortness of breath.
- The O2 units can also be used in conjunction with a CPR face mask or the bag valve mask (BVM) to resuscitate a non-breathing victim.