UCOP Management Response Plan
The Management Response Plan establishes an organizational response structure and protocol specifically for the UC Office of the President (UCOP) to follow in reaction to a major emergency, incident, significant issue or reputational risk or event that causes human impacts and significant potential consequences and/or disrupts normal operations of UCOP or one or more of its campuses, medical centers or national laboratory.
The Management Response Plan (MRP) outlines the roles and responsibilities of two teams:
- The Management Response Team (MRT) provides executive level oversight and strategic decision-making for UCOP during a crisis. The MRT is responsible for addressing issues and impacts on the UC System, as well as protecting the overall reputation and stability of the University.
- The Response Support Team (RST) is responsible for events that impact UCOP itself as well as ensuring that University locations have the best available support and resources necessary to effectively manage the impacts of any significant incident.
Plan documents are available below:
- Management Response Plan (pdf)
- Management Response Plan Overview (pdf)
- Team Roster (w/o contact information) (xlsx)
Learning more about the MRP
Risk Services has held a number of webinars to help explain this new approach to managing significant threats to UC's operations, reputation, people and finances, which are available to listen to at your convenience. Webinars are about 30 minutes long.
- Introduction to the MRP
- What Management Response Team members need to know
- What Response Support Team members need to know
- Emergency Response – UC’s Preparedness and Our Relationship with Governmental Response Agencies
- Crisis Communications
Below are links to plans that are related to and aligned with the overall Management Response Plan: