Office of Research and Graduate Studies
Research Opportunity Fund
The Office of Research and Graduate Studies has a limited pool of Research Opportunity Funds available to seed new projects or collaborations that can help grow and enhance UC research on a systemwide level.
Funding is for small, one-time projects with strong potential for system-wide benefit and impact to UC research across multiple campuses. Projects should have strong campus support, and a clear path towards growth, sustainability and external funding. These funds are available to all fields, and may be used for:
- Workshops or Meetings to establish new system-wide research initiatives or collaborations;
- Grant Development or planning for large, multi-campus extramural funding proposals;
- Public Outreach initiatives which can effectively communicate the impact of research discoveries;
- Industry Outreach efforts to better engage researchers from UC with industry partners; or
- Other projects of system-wide benefit to UC research.
Requests are accepted year-round, as long as funds are available.