UC Procurement Services is transforming how the University purchases goods and services to maximize benefit while improving quality and service to our clients. We are transforming not only the way we do business, but the way we think about doing business. Using a systemwide approach, with an understanding of each individual campus's needs and requirements, we make our buying decisions with an eye towards delivering the most benefit to the University. We leverage the University's purchasing power and volume of spend, use the latest technology and build strong relationships, to source the highest quality products and services at the least total cost. Developing strategic partnerships with our suppliers, we've found we can deliver more - better pricing and service, with better terms and conditions. It is our goal to deliver $200 million in annual benefit by 2017, which would be redirected to the University's core missions.
- To be acknowledged by University of California executive and campus leadership, faculty, staff and students as a high performing strategic partner that is essential to the financial health of the University.
- To expand opportunities for teaching, research and public service by delivering savings and efficient procurement services across the University of California.
- Develop collaborative relationships with clients across the UC system to understand their needs and provide high quality procurement services that best meet those needs.
- Pursue strategic initiatives in a coordinated manner that leverages the power of our collective spend and redirects savings to teaching, research and public service.
- Invest in and optimize talent and technologies across the University to deliver far greater benefit than can be achieved by any single location working independently.
- Drive down Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and promote new revenue opportunities through effective sourcing, contract management and supply chain solutions.
- Partner with suppliers to develop business relationships and solutions that optimize value for the University.
To learn more about some of Procurement's recent achievements, visit our Impact Report page.