Making Power Moves: Women & Leadership
Amy Levine, Ed.D.
Wednesdays 4:00-7:00 pm starting January 7, 2018 - April 11, 2018 in the Franklin Building (cost: $550 for 10 sessions).
Nominate your female employees to attend the course, Making Power Moves for Women. You will both benefit when they excel at UCOP by applying high standards of ethical practice and compassionate leadership.
Workshop participants will learn to:
- Navigate their personal professional advancement with grace and poise.
- Develop coaching techniques to empower their own supervisees and delegate with clarity and confidence.
- Assess organizational politics in order to put their best foot forward in the workplace.
- Assess the state of their professional networks, and learn the secret about networking as a vehicle to make connections that truly count.
- Prepare to negotiate, build a case, present a request, and clinch the deal.
- Successfully think and speak extemporaneously.
- Help others recognize their value in the workplace, and create a successful relationship with leadership.
- Enhance leadership skills by focusing on successes rather than mistakes.
- Maximize your supervisees’ individual potential and enhance their contributions to your team.
- Gain an employee with improved communication skills, enhanced independent judgment and decision making ability.
- Encourage positive delegation skills of your supervisees who have their own management responsibilities.
- Provide an alternative reward for employees where policy otherwise limits compensation and other recognition of merit.
- Benefit by having an employee who can speak assertively and effectively on behalf of your team.
- Enjoy more visibility for your unit through the application of networking skills.