Local Human Resources
UCOP Mentorship Program
The UCOP Mentorship Program is a volunteer program that pairs experienced leaders and professionals across departments at the Office of the President with career staff who seek to develop themselves professionally.
The program provides a supportive structure in which participants can cultivate contacts, explore challenges, and enhance effectiveness as they design their personal growth and career paths at the Office of the President. The program also provides the opportunity to gather information, develop peer support, learn more about management, and better understand the organizational culture of the Office of the President.
Who can participate
- Mentors are experienced managers and professionals in classifications PSS 5 or above at the Office of the President. Mentors are well-respected advisors who are willing to share their experiences.
- Mentees are career Office of the President staff members drawn from classifications PSS 1–5 and MSP 1. The number of mentees will be limited to 20–25.
How the program works
- Experienced UCOP leaders are encouraged to participate as a mentor.
- Mentees apply to participate in the program and receive guidance throughout the application and matching processes. Consideration is given to including a broad –range of individuals, representing multiple areas and departments.
- Once selected to be a mentee, a reception for mentors and mentees to mix and mingle on an informal basis will be hosted.
- After the reception and prior to identifying your mentor preferences, mentees are encouraged to contact potential mentors to set up informational interviews. After meeting, mentees will have the opportunity to submit their match preferences in ranked order and matches will be made based on indicated preferences.
Download the application for the 2015-16 program (doc).