UCOP Human Resources
Performance appraisal process
Each manager and supervisor is required by UC policy and by the applicable labor contract to conduct performance appraisals. Performance appraisals are required for:
- Probationary employees: A probationary employee shall be assessed at least once during a full probationary period, preferably at the mid-point of probation; and,
- Career employees: A career employee's performance shall be assessed in writing at least once per year.
- Contract employees: A contract employee should receive a written appraisal at least once per year.
Performance appraisal resources
Online resources are available to assist managers and employees with the Performance Appraisal process.
- 2016-2017 Performance Appraisal Timeline
- Rubric for Performance Standards (pdf)
- Instructor-led and online learning resources