UCOP Human Resources
Performance appraisal process and dates
Each manager and supervisor is required by UC policy and by the applicable labor contract to conduct performance appraisals. Performance appraisals are required for:
- Probationary employees: A probationary employee shall be assessed at least once during a full probationary period, preferably at the mid-point of probation; and,
- Career employees: A career employee's performance shall be assessed in writing at least once per year.
- Contract employees: A contract employee should receive a written appraisal at least once per year.
Performance process dates for 2017/2018
- UCOP 2017/2018 Year-End Appraisal TImeline March 19 2018 - May 2018
- UCPress 2017/2018 Year-End Appraisal TImeline - June 2018-August 2018
Specific dates available closer to process