UCOP Human Resources
New Employee Orientation and New Employee Benefits Orientation
Welcome to the University of California Office of the President (UCOP). As a new employee at one of the nation’s top research and teaching universities, you have a world of opportunity ahead of you. We offer MONTHLY new employee orientation sessions designed to give you a brief overview and understanding of UC and UCOP and the tools and resources to assist you in navigating your way around UCOP and a WEEKLY benefits orientation. We encourage you to sign up for both sessions as soon as possible after beginning work at UCOP.
New Employee Orientation is offered once a month from 9:00 a.m. until 1:40 p.m., with lunch provided. All sessions are held in the Franklin Building at 1111 Franklin Street in Oakland. (If you need to gain access to the Franklin building, please email the Learning and Development Team.)
To register, please visit the UC Learning Center. Search: New Employee Orientation. Choose the correct date. A schedule is provided at the bottom is this page.
*** New Employee Orientation has a 10 employee minimum
|Tuesday, January 17, 2017||Lobby 1|
|Tuesday, February 14, 2017||Lobby 1|
|Tuesday, March 7, 2017||Lobby 1|
|Tuesday, April 11, 2017||Lobby 1|
|Thursday, May 18, 2017||Lobby 1|
|Tuesday, June 13, 2017||Lobby 1|
|Tuesday, July 11, 2017||Lobby 1|
|Tuesday, August 8, 2017 - To register for this session during the UC Learning Center Upgrade - email firstname.lastname@example.org||Lobby 1|
|Tuesday, September 12, 2017||Lobby 1|
|Tuesday, October 10, 2017||Lobby 1|
|Tuesday, November 14, 2017||Lobby 1|
|Tuesday, December 12, 2017||Lobby 1|
No doubt that you've heard that UC offers a rich and comprehensive benefits package. We want to make sure you understand that offering and pick the best plans and coverages for you and your family.
Within a week of hire, you should be receiving a Welcome Kit in the mail, which contains the following materials:
- Your Benefits at a Glance
- A Complete Guide to Your UC Health Benefits
- A Complete Guide to Your UC Retirement Benefits
- Which Medical Plan is right for you?
In addition to these materials, we offer convenient webinars to provide an overview of the health and welfare and retirement benefits programs.
Employees who are eligible for Full benefits and Primary Retirement Benefits (Retirement Choice Program, UCRP): Weekly - Fridays from 10:30 am to 12:00 pm. Employees who are NOT eligible for Primary Retirement Benefits: Monthly - 2nd Thursday from 10:30 am to 12:00 pm
How to Attend:
- Online: https://UCOP.zoom.us/j/9517875041 (www.zoom.us), Join a meeting, Meeting ID code: 951 787-5041
- Audio: If not using the computer audio feature: (408) 638-0968, Meeting ID: 951 787-5041
- NOTE: You have 31 days from date of eligibility to enroll in your health and welfare benefits and 90 days for the Retirement Choice Program (if eligible). The UCPath Center can answer any benefit questions you may have. Failure to understand your options may result in permanent loss or reduction of benefits. You can reach UCPath at (855) 9-UCPath or (855) 982-7284, Monday - Friday from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.