Institutional Research and Academic Planning
UC Student/Workforce data
Each year, UC releases preliminary data on undergraduate applications (usually in January) and admissions (usually in April). The data released at these points in the 2000-16 admissions cycles are provided below.
The data often change somewhat after their preliminary release. The preliminary data tables, however, may be useful in that they provide breakdowns by gender, geographic region and other criteria not displayed in the final summary table.
*Includes freshman and transfer statements of intent; previous years included freshmen only.
The University of California collects data on each of the three steps involved in becoming a UC student: prospective students who submit applications; the applicants to whom UC offers admission; and the students who then enroll at one of UC's campuses.
Final applications and admissions numbers and enrollment figures for fall 1995-2014 are provided in the final summary table below. Data are provided in a new format to better align with preliminary data posted. Data for previous published years is also available.
- Final summary of freshman applications, admissions and enrollment, fall 1995-2014 (pdf)
- Final summary of transfer applications, admissions and enrollment, fall 1995-2014 (pdf)
- Statistical Summary of Students and Staff - includes additional information on enrollment and degrees conferred
- Undergraduate Access to UC After the Elimination of Race-Conscious Policies (pdf)
- Data on UC career staff by ethnicity and gender
- Statistical Summary of Students and Staff - includes information on UC academic and staff personnel