The Financial Administration group provides a dedicated financial management infrastructure for uniform and consistent financial management of UC’s technology commercialization program. They perform financial record keeping, accounts receivable and accounts payable for transactions at nine UC campuses.
This group provides the following services:
- Monitoring the receipt of incoming revenue
- Paying patent attorney fees and related costs
- Distributing net revenues to the inventors and campuses where the technology originated
- Monitoring and reporting financial information to UC administration and external sponsors
- Providing the necessary audit function to ensure adherence to UC policies and to financial conditions imposed by government sponsors, agencies and clients
- Maintaining a liaison with sponsors on procedural matters
- Communicating requirements to inventors
- Responding to Office of General Counsel (OGC) requests regarding legal matters surrounding inventions, patents, agreements, IP litigation, etc.