Information Technology Services
Laptop Loan Program
UCOP personnel may request a loaner laptop for occasional business needs for a minimum of one day and no more than seven days. Loaner laptops are Windows PC based computers that come with the standard software, power adapter, 6' network cable, mouse, and carrying case.
How to Order
Use the Service Hub to request a laptop loan.
How to Request Support
Support is available M – F, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Request support through the Service Hub or by contacting the IT Service Desk.
A loaner laptop can be provided to all UCOP staff, contractors, and other associated personnel per the following criteria:
- Laptops can be borrowed only for UC business purposes.
- Laptops are loaned for a minimum of one day and a maximum of seven days.
- Laptops must be returned by the due date so ITS may prepare them for other customers.
- Customers are responsible for installing any non-standard software required.
- Laptops can be reserved 24/7 through the Service Hub.
- Laptops are loaned out on a first-come, first-served basis to UCOP personnel.
- Laptops should be reserved several days in advance to ensure availability.
- Pickup and drop off time is M-F, 8:00 – 5:00 in Franklin 7101H.
Departments pay a monthly technology infrastructure fee (TIF) per individual to cover a standard computing bundle, office phone, voicemail, and email access, including access to email lists, as well as access to the laptop loan program.