Information Technology Services
Existing TN3270 clients that do not support SSL can establish secure sessions to UCOP when used in combination with Stunnel (see Stunnel.org for more information about Stunnel).
The following procedure will:
- Install into a new folder in your Program Files folder.
- Add a shortcut in your Startup folder so that Stunnel will start automatically when you start Windows.
- Add a shortcut icon on your desktop.
Instructions for installing
- Start the "download"
- Click "Save" in the File Download window.
- Choose the folder where you want to put the file, and click "Save".
- Go to the folder and double-click "Setup.Exe".
- Click "Next" to get the Confirm Installation screen.
- Click "Next" to install the program.
- Click "Finish.". Installation is complete.
- In addition to installing the desktop icon, Stunnel is now set to run
when you start Windows. You can verify that Stunnel is running by
checking for the Stunnel icon in your system tray:
If you need to shut down Stunnel, right click on the tray icon and choose "Exit". To restart Stunnel, double-click on the "Stunnel to AIS" icon on your desktop or restart Windows.
See "Configuring TN3270 for Stunnel" for details on getting your existing TN3270 client to work with Stunnel.