Systemwide Human Resources
About the Systemwide HR Policy Unit
The systemwide HR Policy Unit is responsible for developing and interpreting personnel policies and other employment-related programs, guidelines and procedures for staff employees. We seek to develop systemwide policies and programs that clearly and consistently describe the rights and responsibilities of employees and the university, while supporting the university’s mission of teaching, research and public service. The HR Policy Unit provides managers with tools, resources, and policies that will support the university’s efforts to operate as an excellent employer — attracting and retaining the highest-quality employees.
Create employment policies and programs for non-represented staff that:
- are clear, concise, and consistent
- delineate the rights and responsibilities of the employee and the university
- comply with current legal and regulatory requirements
- align with other university policies
- will attract and retain the highest-quality workforce
Our core responsibilities
- Revise and
- Interpret personnel policies and other employment-related policies, programs, guidelines, and procedures for non-represented staff employees.
Primary drivers of our work