Health Sciences and Services
About Health Sciences and Services
Health Sciences and Services (HSS) provides leadership and strategic direction to advance the education, research and clinical service missions of the University of California’s 18 health professional schools and programs and 10 hospitals, collectively referred to as UC Health. Health Sciences and Services supports operational initiatives at individual UC Health campuses and the development of systemwide initiatives that add synergy and value beyond the sum of individual campus contributions.
HSS activities include:
- Supporting, advocating for and facilitating collaboration among the university's health professional schools of dentistry, medicine, nursing, optometry, pharmacy, public health and veterinary medicine.
- Overseeing and coordinating the business and financial activities of the clinical enterprise.
- Working as UC Health on initiatives that improve health and wellness and that positively impact quality, cost and access to health care.
- Enhancing the ability of UC Health to analyze and advance health care policy.
HSS measures success by:
- The ability of the UC Health entities to improve health.
- The development of systemwide initiatives that leverage the strengths of the individual campuses.
- The continued ability of the medical centers to support the academic mission of UC Health.