Enterprise Risk Management
Preparing survey results
Four-step process for preparing SurveyMonkey® or QuestionPro® results for Cognos reporting
- Contact Cognos report developer or campus-level Cognos super user
- Create new survey and collect results
- Download survey results
- Submit results to Cognos report developer or campus-level Cognos super user
Step 1 - Contact Cognos report developer or campus-level Cognos super user
- E-mail ERM to obtain contact information for your designated Cognos report developer or campus-level Cognos super user.
- Three weeks prior to publishing your survey, send an email, with the subject "Cognos Survey Report Request", to the Cognos designee. In the body of the message, state that you'd like a Cognos report to be developed reflecting the results of your upcoming survey. Include your name, email address, phone number, expected survey start date, and attach a copy of the survey questions and corresponding answer types.
- Once the Cognos designee receives the email, she will review the survey questions and answer types to determine if they are written in a way that will help produce results needed for optimal Cognos reporting, and she will work with you to optimize them. The Cognos designee will also work with you to outline a report that meets your reporting needs and establish a timeframe for delivering the report to you once the results are stored in the ERMIS data warehouse.
- The Cognos designee will confirm your request via email at least a week prior to your survey start date. After receiving confirmation, proceed to step 2.
Step 2 - Create new survey and collect results
- Follow the instructions on the SurveyMonkey® or QuestionPro® website to create a new survey and collect survey results
- Contact information for support related questions can be found on each website.
Step 3 - Download survey results
After all results have been collected, follow the website's instructions, while choosing the options shown on the screen shots found in the PowerPoint or Acrobat pdf links below, to download the results to an appropriate ERMIS-ready format. After downloading the results, proceed to step 4.
Step 4 - Submit results to Cognos report developer or campus-level Cognos super user
- Send an email with the subject "Survey Results Ready" to the Cognos designee. Attach the results file, which was downloaded in step 3, to the email and include your name, email address, phone number, and survey name
- The Cognos designee will review the results file within the next business day and reply with any questions, if necessary
- Once the Cognos designee approves the results file, she will work with the ERMIS Administrator to import the survey results to the ERMIS data warehouse.
- Once the results are stored in the data warehouse, the Cognos designee will generate your report and email it to you within the timeframe established in step 1.