Design Build Contracts
Design-Build (DB) isn’t just for bridges, roads, and Eastern Bloc housing anymore. It is far more sophisticated and versatile. A well planned and managed DB project may provide a solution to your toughest program and budget requirements without sacrificing control. Engaging and properly managing the right conscientious DB team is a talent we can all acquire. Capital Program Institute offered a northern and southern presentation. UCSF once again was generous with their participation. We were also excited to have Jim Gillie of UCSD offer his experience of years of design build success. The Design Build Institute presented their advice on procuring the most competent team. We closed the day with a panel discussion comprised of UC and industry professionals.
This program was held at UC San Francisco on April 17, 2013 and at UC San Diego on April 24, 2013.
- Introduction and Overview – Chris Hornbeck
- Design Build Basics and Case Studies at UCSD – Jim Gillie
- UCSF Perspective and Diverse Uses -- Sandra Beck
- Design Build Procurement – DBIA Team
- Design Build Procurement cont. – DBIA Team
- Panel: Questions and Answers – Jim Gille, Sandra Beck, Patrick Crosby and other DBIA representatives
- UC San Francisco
- UC San Diego