Business Resource Center
Time and attendance reporting
Time and attendance is reported in the Time Reporting System biweekly for non-exempt employees and monthly for exempt employees. Deadlines are available below. Additional information is available at the TRS website.
Electronic Time Reporting System (TRS)
- TRS login (new TRS login link effective November 10 for MONTHLY employees and November 18 for BI-WEEKLY employees).
- 2016 TRS & Personnel Action Deadlines (pdf)
- Questions about TRS at UCOP? Please contact your BRC Payroll team.
- UCLA Time Reporting System schedule and resources
- UCOP employees: Be sure to follow the announced schedule to ensure accurate processing for time reporting for Oct and Nov, 2015.
Vacation leave may not be used before it is accrued, except when up to three days are authorized in accordance with Personnel Policies for Staff Members Absence from Work policy (pdf).
Time sheets warn employees and supervisors when the maximum vacation accrual is approaching or reached. If a Department Head makes an exception to allow the employee to accrue vacation beyond the maximum accrual, the Department Head must sign on the exception line.
There is a grace period under Personnel Policies for Staff Members Absence from Work policy (pdf) during which the employee can use the overage. Vacation continues to accrue during this period.