Business Resource Center
How to handle FedEx
If the department has completed a Blanket Authorization, then no additional signatures are required. If a Blanket Authorization has not been completed, please include authorizing signature of individual with fiscal responsibility along with your request - scan and attach.
To request a FedEx label, complete and paste the BRC template into an email and send to the purchasing & payment team to process. If the department does not use the template, it must provide all of the following information in an email request:
- The name, address and phone number of the addressee;
- The name and address that should appear in the “shipped from” portion of the label;
- Your department code;
- Your department’s Full Accounting Unit (FAU) to charge;
- Type of delivery (e.g., FedEx next day with indirect signature);
- Type of packaging (FedEx envelope is standard; if not, please provide the weight and dimensions).
BRC will enter the information into the BruinBuy system and produce a label which will be scanned and e-mailed back to you, in accordance with our service goals, same day if your request is received before 3:00.
Affix the FedEx label to your envelope and take to the FedEx drop box (keep a copy of the label if you wish to track delivery).
Drop box times:
- Franklin loading dock: 4:45 pm
- Kaiser - Kinkos/FedEx office: 4:45 pm
- Oakland City Center: Express east coast 5:30 pm
- Express west coast 7:00 pm Ground 6:00 pm