Business Resource Center
New hire forms
The BRC maintains a payroll new employee packet for the Local HR Office or department personnel manager to provide to new hires.
Forms included in the bundle (some interactive):
- Welcome letter (pdf)
- I-9 and Instructions (pdf)
- Personal Data Sheet (xls) (employee to complete and sign)
- Demographic Data Transmittal (pdf) (employee to complete)
- UC W-4 Withholding Allowance Certificate (pdf) (employee to complete and sign)
Includes Federal-State witholding form and instructions
- UCOP Pay Disposition Form to establish direct deposit of pay (pdf) (employee to complete and sign)
- Request for Verification of Previous Employment (pdf) (employees coming from a state agency or other California state university to complete and sign)
This form is for the payroll purposes of establishing the vacation accrual rate and service anniversary recognition dates. It is not a University of California Retirement System form.
- UC Electronic Information Resources User Agreement (pdf) (employee to read, sign and make a copy; the copy is for retention by the employee)
- UPAY585 (pdf) - State Oath of Allegiance, Patent Policy, and Patent Acknowledgement
The forms identified in red above are to be completed and brought to the BRC Payroll Team new hire interview, along with acceptable identification documents. Please wait to date and sign them in the presence of your Payroll Representative.