About Procurement Services
Procurement Services is responsible for developing and implementing the overall purchasing policies, strategies and direction for the UC system.
- Provide efficient and effective purchasing services in support of the university's mission of teaching, research and public service.
- Source the highest quality of products and services at the least total cost.
- Leverage university buying power through strategic and collaborative sourcing, adoption of proven technologies, and supplier performance management.
- Create a culture that expects continuous improvement in cost, quality and service.
- Support the university's missions of teaching, research and public service.
- Take a university-wide view when making financial and strategic decisions.
- Always look for new ways to make the sourcing of goods and services more cost-effective and efficient for the university.
- Actively manage suppliers to the university, holding each to appropriate standards of price competitiveness, quality, responsiveness and innovation.
- Operate in accordance with all applicable university policies, state and federal public codes.
Critical success factors
- Focus on Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Pursue suppliers that deliver the best overall value (cost, quality and service).
- End user focus and involvement.
- Simplified, streamlined and automated processes.
- Customer satisfaction.